Re: SOX audit tool

From: Dave (Dave_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/18/04

    Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 19:03:02 -0700

    Do you guys have any article / link on SOX requirement for SQL Server Security

    "Derrick Leggett" wrote:

    > You can use NOT IN on the HostName filter to filter out any of your
    > applications servers or the SQL Servers. You can then have a report query
    > that looks for Access or Excel in the ApplicationName. Use Profiler or a
    > standard trace for this.
    >
    > "Hong Wang" <HongWang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Our company is currently performing a SOX audit on all of databases. Is
    > > there any monitor tool for SOX audit for SQL Server database? We are
    > > specifically looking for tool that can tell info like somebody is
    > accessing
    > > the database through Excel or Access via a PC workstation instead of
    > thorugh
    > > application front end.
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    • Re: SOX audit tool
      ... > Do you guys have any article / link on SOX requirement for SQL Server ... >> You can use NOT IN on the HostName filter to filter out any of your ... >> applications servers or the SQL Servers. ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
    • Re: SQL SOX auditing and logging
      ... I know what you mean...I think I will have to look for a 3rd party logging ... Have you done SOX for SQL? ... trace whenever he wishes, the auditor will not accept that log anyway. ... Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.tools)
    • Idiomatic Expressions to Operating System Architecture: Transforming Rigids
      ... <Subject: Re: Idiomatic Expressions to Operating ... <endpoint during a single session * DATABASE + by ... <statements is a new feature of SQL Server 2005. ...
      (sci.math)
    • Re: MS Access DAO -> ADO.NET Migration
      ... William Vaughn ... Microsoft MVP ... Hitchhiker's Guide to Visual Studio and SQL Server ... My migration app works building a SSCE database file with imported data ...
    • Re: Cluster will not fail over.
      ... > As far as the TCP/IP issue goes, you had to rebuild the cluster and were ... > able to restore the master database. ... > a cluster installation you'll have to revisit. ... >> This worked bringing up the sql server in minimal mode. ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)