Re: deny truncate?

From: Aaron [SQL Server MVP] (ten.xoc_at_dnartreb.noraa)
Date: 10/13/04

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 10:17:58 -0400

> is there any way I can prevent users from truncating a table by
permissions?

Yes, don't make them administrators or dbo.

--
http://www.aspfaq.com/
(Reverse address to reply.)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: deny truncate?
    ... don't make them administrators or dbo. ... (Reverse address to reply.) ...
  • Re: Two DB Owners
    ... I need to add the login 'BUILTIN\Administrators' to the ... user 'dbo' for all databases. ... > impede Microsoft Windows NT system administrators from having system ... I'd like to remove all permissions from the ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Shared permissions vs. security
    ... Did you have to make the users power users or administrators only after you ... write/modify permissions to a folder if that is what they need to do their ... -- Verify that membership in the administrators group on all computers is ... updates at Windows Updates. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • RE: Access Denied when running RSoP
    ... The launch and activation security descriptor for the COM Server application ... It contains Access Control Entries with permissions that are ... which is a part of the McAfee Common ... > Administrators - Full Control - This namespace and subnamespaces ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Open With.. functionality doesnt fully work
    ... key's permissions are getting munged, ... > Small correction: ... > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP ... >> Administrators ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)