deny truncate?

From: Bonj (Bonj_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/13/04

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 06:19:03 -0700

What if I want to give users Query Analyzer-style access to my data, but
don't want them to delete it?
I can do
deny delete on dbo.mytable to public

which is great... assuming they don't know how to do 'truncate table'.

uh?

is there any way I can prevent users from truncating a table by permissions?

Relevant Pages

  • deny truncate?
    ... What if I want to give users Query Analyzer-style access to my data, ... deny delete on dbo.mytable to public ... assuming they don't know how to do 'truncate table'. ...
  • Re: deny truncate?
    ... Only members of the sysadmin server role and the db_owner and db_ddladmin ... database roles and the table owner have permissions to Truncate the table. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)