RE: SSL Security Error

From: Kevin McDonnell [MSFT] (kevmc_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/11/04

Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 20:07:53 GMT

" I checked 'force encryption' for 'server network utility'
and restarted SQL 2000 enterprise server. I have a one-node cluster on
Windows 2003 server. I did not install certificate. I have now the problem
with SQL sever.
                  As recommended, I corrected the registry parameter by
setting encrypt to 0. But, still, I have no luck. I did not touch any
client
parameters nor ODBC.
                 I am wondering what the problem would be. I can not run
'Server network utility'.
Thanks in advance,
doc"

Once you enable force protocol encryption using Server Network Utility
without a
certificate on a Cluster you're stuck. There's no way to fix this without
putting a certificate on the node.
The server won't come online until you do this. If it's a Cluster you
can't fix the registry manually.
You may be able to run SQL from a command line though.

If you need more assistance recovering this, you'll need to open a case
with SQL Support.

Thanks,

Kevin McDonnell
Microsoft Corporation

  • Re: SQLCMD fails with login timeout expired.
    ... One possibility - When you open the Server Network Utility, you may be looking at the SQL Server 2005 instance. ... General tab there are no protocols listedin either the Disabled or Enabled ... I gues thats why itsnot listening on TCP. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.tools)
  • Re: Attached protocols after installing MSDE
    ... Enable TCP/IP and Named Pipes on the General tab of the ... Server Network Utility. ... Then restart the SQL ... no protocols are attacted under svrnetcn. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • RE: odbc sqldriverconnect failed
    ... "mike" wrote: ... > I have a cluster SQL 2000 server running on Win2003 ... > change the name pipe setting in server network utility to ... > and i can't access the server network utility to change back too ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
  • Old MS-SQL 6.5 Query
    ... I don't have an install disk for MS SQL 6.5 any more so can't work this out ... myself and can't find any info when googling. ... Can you set up SQL 6.5 to support both named pipes and also TCP-IP? ... that you can set this up with the Server Network Utility. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: Log reader using named pipes vs TCP/IP
    ... CNU which has TCP/IP listed first. ... >check server network utility to see what the enabled ... >> agents on 1 cluster connect to itself using named pipes ... >> while the other cluster has its own logreaders ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.replication)