RE: .Net interface to vss for sql 2000 stored procedures

From: sgerwie (sgerwie_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/02/04

Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 07:37:10 -0700

We do use Windows Authentication for the developers, however, in order to set
this up, SQL services has to run with "sa" authority and Admin rights on the
server, therefore, it automatically gives everyone "sa" rights to SQL. It
doesn't matter

"MAURICIO" wrote:

> You can use Windows Authentication for developers staff
> "sgerwie" wrote:
>
> > We would like to use the version control for sql stored procedures through
> > .net, however, according to Microsoft's implementation procedures it gives
> > developers "sa" authority. Does anyone know how we can set this up without
> > the developers having "sa" authority on our database?

Relevant Pages

  • SQL native client
    ... i have a VB6 app which connects via SQL native client 2005 to a SQL Server 2005 Express Edition SP3 Instance. ... As other computers don't need admin rights i think it's a config. ... When i open the ODBC cpl i can config a connection using the native client. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clients)
  • Re: Reinstall of SMS 2003 has no Status Messages
    ... The user running SMS setup has admin rights to SQL as well correct? ... > account does not have Administrator's privileges on the SQL Server. ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.setup)
  • Re: Starting Service with SQL Authentication
    ... Then in this case the SQL Agent startup account would need Admin rights? ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: builtin/administrators
    ... Setting up Windows Services Accounts ... MSSQLServer service or the SQLServerAgent service, or both, to the SQL ... Server system administrators role. ... > local admin rights, some even have domain admin rights. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: Lost SA Password SQL 6.5
    ... > password and no other login has admin rights? ... As I recall, in SQL Server 6.5, anyone that registered a user (or SA ... account) for SQL Server for the Enterprise Manager console, ... information was stored in plain text in the registry. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)