RE: SQL slammer, i have it, awww geez now what?

From: Kevin McDonnell [MSFT] (kevmc_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/23/04

    Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 18:56:11 GMT

    See
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/slammer.mspx

    Installing sp3a will include the fix for Slammer, but you machine may also
    have been Compromised in the process.
    You may want to review your system very closely and look for unknown
    services running on the machine etc.
    Or, you can open a case with Microsoft and we'll help you do an assessment.

    Certs Recommendations:
    http://www.cert.org/nav/recovering.html

    Help: I Got Hacked. Now What Do I Do?
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/secmgmt/sm0504.mspx

    Thanks,

    Kevin McDonnell
    Microsoft Corporation

    • Re: OWA 2003 Pulling an XCCC...
      ... Is officescan installed on the default web site? ... window staying up there or actual script ... > 831464 Fix did not fix the problem. ... >>Microsoft Corporation ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: DCOMCNFG for CE.NET is a library not an exe?
      ... For this reason we're not going to fix it for older versions. ... make this change in your copy of the dcomcnfg code and rebuild it. ... Microsoft Corporation ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...
    • Re: "Failed to Initialize the Modeling Engine" message
      ... \par A fix has been released which will resolve this issue and allow you to work with the DB Modeling solution after the installation of the security update in MS08-019. ... \par Product Support - Visio ... \par Microsoft Corporation ...
      (microsoft.public.visio.general)
    • RE: Connection error - please help
      ... Try making a network trace from the IIS machine to SQL and review the ... Kevin McDonnell ... Microsoft Corporation ... This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
    • RE: Slammer worm
      ... If you have it, I can review ... Kevin McDonnell ... Microsoft Corporation ... This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)