Re: SQL/User Account

From: RAJ (RAJ_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/16/04

Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:58:06 -0700

I've used SEM to grant a Windows user account (Bob) system admin rights to sql. I mimicked the settings of the Builtin/administrator account to the "Bob" SQL user account. How ever when I log on to the server using the "Bob" user account SQL doesn't start up. I've followed the directions indicated in the "Adding a SQL Server Login" in SQL Server Books Online, but still no go.

--
RAJ
"Richard Waymire [MSFT]" wrote:
> yes, setup and enterprise manager with both grant the correct rights if you
> select an ordinary account to run the SQL Server services under.  Also
> review http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q283811 for
> details...
>
> --
> Richard Waymire, MCSE, MCDBA

> "RAJ" <RAJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> > Is there any way to get SQL to run under a user account; user permissions?
> > I've setup a SQL server however SQL will only run when I login as
> > "Administrator."  My objective is to login w/ user permissions & have SQL
> > up & running for security reasons.
> > --
> > RAJ

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SQL/User Account
    ... setup and enterprise manager with both grant the correct rights if you ... select an ordinary account to run the SQL Server services under. ... > Is there any way to get SQL to run under a user account; ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • RE: Problems upgrading SQL MSDE for Sharepoint
    ... Please try the following steps and then run the SQL Server 2000 setup again: ... Can we install SQL Server successfully at this time? ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Installation
    ... To run Unattended SQL Server setup at Command Prompt, ... How to record an unattended installation file ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • RE: setupsql.exe hangs. Cannot Install SQL server 2K
    ... Q. When I run the SQL Server 2000 setup, ... Q. What should I do if the installation of SQL Server 2000 is unsuccessful? ... Access Components (MDAC) setup, which is launched as part of the SQL Server ...
  • Re: x64 2003 Cluster - SQL2000 named instance fail
    ... one the settings are not detected by the setup. ... > in the cluster log you will notice the a connection to the SQL Server ... > named instance cannot be established. ... >> Microsoft highly recommends that users with Internet access update their ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)