Re: SQL 2000 Developer - Change Computer

From: Richard Waymire [MSFT] (rwaymi_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/15/04

Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 12:08:36 -0700

or you could use the copy database wizard and move over your databases with
that utility once you have both copies of SQL Server up and running. Your
best bet is to backup & restore master & msdb and then detach each database,
copy the files over to the new computer, then attach them.

Don't forget to run
exec sp_dropserver oldmachinename
exec sp_addserver newmachinename, local

on the new sql server after you restore your old master database...

-Richard

--
Richard Waymire, MCSE, MCDBA