SQL 2000 Developer - Change Computer

From: Patito (Patito_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/15/04

Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 10:12:05 -0700

I have SQL 2000 developer installed and working. To move it to another machine, can I:
1) Install it on the new machine without hitch.
2) Move my files, sp's etc.
3) Test on new machine.
4) Then, and only then, delete it off the old machine
and be ok with licensing and such, and will I in fact be
able to install on the second machine? If not, how
do I go about this?

Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: how do I change the user install wizard to create user folder in different location?
    ... Some people read the instructions in such a way that they install both a new ... instance of sql, ... Never slight the SBS wizards. ... I reinstalled from scratch using the Dell OpenManage Server ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Unable to install 64bit SQL 2005 on Windows 2008 Cluster
    ... cluster installation of SQL. ... All of the database files are on the SAN share. ... Below are the logs from the install. ... SELECT `Action`,`Type`,`Source`,`Target`, NULL, `ExtendedType` FROM ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
  • Re: SBS 2003 and Sql Server ~ Client Install
    ... I've found the client tools and have now ... A word mail merge document could access a SQL database via ... We want to install to gain an understanding. ... Once we've managed to install the SQL Server Client we can start to ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • RE: How do I get back to base SQL server on my SBS 2003 server?
    ... What's the error message you see when installing SQL? ... the easier way is to restore the server from recent backup. ... Screen shot of the error when you install SQL 2005 Workgroup edition. ... <The server-based applications that were running fine are: McAFee EPO, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SQL Server 2005 Cluster Setup Quiz
    ... I did test and it did not install the client tools. ... http://www.clusterhelp.com - Cluster Training ... Microsoft SQL Server MVP ... Provide a template on how to read SQL Server 2005 setup log files. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)