RE: SQL Server Service Manager user login fails

anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com
Date: 07/14/04

Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 12:26:13 -0700

Kevin

    Hmmm did that, still getting a login failed when she
attempts to use the SQL Server Service Manager (SSSM) and
connect to \\SQLCPU

     If I login as myself on her computer the SSSM it
connects no problem says SERVER: SQLCPU in the drop down
and SERVICES: SQL Server

    Ever database connected with the CRM (not that's there
many) has this user listed in the users group. Is there
some level of permission she needs? Is there possibly a NT
Domain permission here. She can see the server fine in
Windows Explorer.

Thanks

Charles
then permission to
>the database.
>
>see sp_grantlogin, sp_grantdbaccess in SQL Books Online
>Or
>Use Enterprise Manager, and Add the user's login and
Grant them access to
>the database in the GUI.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Kevin McDonnell
>Microsoft Corporation
>
>This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and
confers no rights.

>.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: SBS 2003 Unable to connect to database STS_Config
    ... Uninstall the SQL server from the SBS 2k3 server from add/remove programs ... Uninstall Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine (SHAREPOINT) ... If AV software install any extra IIS virtual directory, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Memory issues with 64-bit SQL Server 2005 on 64-bit Win 2003 C
    ... I also checked the individual patch levels for the .NET drivers, SQL Server ... The SQL Server is fully patched, however Windows Update reported that the OS ... Lock pages in memory -- I guess you might have taken care of it as well. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
  • RE: migrating from wmsde to sql server
    ... Click Start, point to All Programs\Microsoft SQL Server, and then click ... then click New SQL Server Registration. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: SBS 2003 Unable to connect to database STS_Config
    ... Uninstall the SQL server from the SBS 2k3 server from add/remove programs ... Uninstall Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine (SHAREPOINT) ... If AV software install any extra IIS virtual directory, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Best replication architecture?
    ... Looking for a SQL Server replication book? ... So if it is subscribing to Publisher 1, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.replication)