RE: Why Would Windows Authentication Fail on XP Pro

From: Kevin McDonnell [MSFT] (kevmc_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/15/04

Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 22:32:18 GMT

Simple FileSharing could be an issue if the machine was upgraded to XP from
Win9x.

290403 How to Set Security in Windows XP Professional That Is Installed in a
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290403

Have you enabled Auditing for failed logins and verified that it is the
Administrator account that is failing?
If Simple File Sharing is enabled that Errorlog will indicate that the
Guest account is attempting to connect.

Thanks,

Kevin McDonnell
Microsoft Corporation

  • RE: How to wreck a computer via a vpn connection and administrator account ?
    ... my understanding of this issue is: How to wreck a computer ... with Windows XP by logging into it remotely via VPN connection, ... Administrator Account had been stolen. ... To protect Administrator Account better: ...
  • RE: Recovery console password problem
    ... The passwords of the server I ... It is kinda the problem WinXP has with recovery console and password. ... a Windows update, btw). ...
  • Re: Windows XP password
    ... to start windows under his user name. ... Administrator account and going to Control Panel -> User Accounts to change the ... restart the computer and boot into Safe Mode. ... Ultimate Boot CD for Windows® ...
  • Re: Windows XP Home Edition all versions netbios sessions bug
    ... All my computers are default installation Windows XP SP3 Professional ... I know the administrator account comes with a blank password at all xp ... I know that windows xp home edition supports only simple file shating and ...
  • Re: Forgot Windows Password
    ... I have a friend who has forgotten his Windows sign on ... I have never used a Windows sign on Password, ... Administrator account and going to Control Panel -> User ... keyboard to select Safe Mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)