Re: ISV Using SQL Authentication - a login concern

From: Jasper Smith (jasper_smith9_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/26/04

Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 17:41:35 +0100

To add to Geoff's excellent points, why does your application need sysadmin
priviliges ? You really need to try and use a login with minimal priviliges
and just the required rights in the database(s) it uses. Have a look at
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/administration/2000/security/default.asp

--
HTH
Jasper Smith (SQL Server MVP)
"dev" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> thanks Geoff, I appreciate your reply.  You said it is not very secure..
do you mean from external attacks or internal user issues.. what kind of
general problems I can expect to encounter.

> Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SQL Login
    ... The sa login account is a member of that role as well. ... Dejan Sarka, SQL Server MVP ... > But how do we add the User X to the sysadmin / ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: SQL 2005 Express setup
    ... Because SQL Server would create a Login for Local Administrators and add this Login to the System Administrator "sysadmin" role. ... However, if you want your Login to be a System Administrator, then you should log in to your SQL Server Instance as a System Administrator and add your own Login to the sysadmin Fixed Server Role. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: I have now probably done a very silly thing
    ... If I open SQL Server Management Studio Express I can find these three login ... windows account to this group. ... rights to add the sysadmin role to the BUILDN/Administrators group. ...
  • Re: SQL 2005 Express setup
    ... Connect to your SQL Server Instance, ... Double click on the Login that you want to add to the "sysadmin" server ... Mark the "sysadmin" checkbox to make this Login a member of this Server ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: I have now probably done a very silly thing
    ... windows account to the SQLServer2005MSSQLUser$HEMPC$SQLEXPRESS group? ... If I open SQL Server Management Studio Express I can find these three ... rights to add the sysadmin role to the BUILDN/Administrators group. ... Tony and login in as usual in SQL Server Management Studio Express and ...