Re: Can't start SQL 2000 after MS Update

From: Ricky Artigas (rya_at_easycall.com.ph)
Date: 05/22/04

Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 20:01:22 +0800

Hi! If you haven't solved your problem yet, try:
restoring your Windows XP to a previous state prior to the installation of
Windows patches. You can do this using System Restore of Windows XP.

Or, you can uninstall the patch(es) you had installed.

Or, try running sqlservr.exe from the command line and see if it generates a
more detailed error message.

HTH. =)
Ricky

> Kevin,
>
> Please don't keep telling me that I need to start before
> I can connect. I know that. As I mentioned before, I
> CAN'T start or connect. THAT IS the problem.
>
> Something happened, probably during an Update. I don't
> know what else could have happened.
>
> HELP. Please! Anyone!!!!
>
> Doug

---