Re: Can't start SQL 2000 after MS Update

From: Ricky Artigas (rya_at_easycall.com.ph)
Date: 05/22/04

Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 20:01:22 +0800

Hi! If you haven't solved your problem yet, try:
restoring your Windows XP to a previous state prior to the installation of
Windows patches. You can do this using System Restore of Windows XP.

Or, you can uninstall the patch(es) you had installed.

Or, try running sqlservr.exe from the command line and see if it generates a
more detailed error message.

HTH. =)
Ricky

> Kevin,
>
> Please don't keep telling me that I need to start before
> I can connect. I know that. As I mentioned before, I
> CAN'T start or connect. THAT IS the problem.
>
> Something happened, probably during an Update. I don't
> know what else could have happened.
>
> HELP. Please! Anyone!!!!
>
> Doug

---

  • Re: Win XP SP3 cancelling question
    ... Windows XP | select Windows XP Service Pack 3 ... running system restore if the sp3 installation hasn't finished, ... if the installation was stopped ... have completed properly and that my attempt to cancel was not acted on. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: ntldr missing
    ... thinking of just doing the system restore that was on my comp but he said not ... install of Windows that ended up needing the Windows XP ... installation disc. ... You can make a bootable Recovery Console CD by downloading an ISO file ...
  • Re: "All fax printers are inaccessible" after Remove-then-Add Fax
    ... I followed the direction you gave me and discussed the issue with Toshiba ... Needless, to say, I used System Restore, and reverted to the configuration ... You ask about my Windows XP version and source of installation files. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: ntldr missing
    ... thinking of just doing the system restore that was on my comp but he said not ... some recovery thing. ... install of Windows that ended up needing the Windows XP ... installation disc. ...
  • Re: Win XP SP3 cancelling question
    ... I'm a bit confused as the article on how to remove sp3 gives system restore ... if the installation was stopped before ... MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002 ... have completed properly and that my attempt to cancel was not acted on. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)