Wierd problem! urgent help! please!

From: Ashish (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/21/04

Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 11:43:24 -0700

You are having these issues because
xp_Cmdshell may be using Loacl System account which may
not have appropriate permissions to network printer !

a printer (local
>or network) which is working totally fine.
>I've also got a DTS that executes this app, which work
perfectly fine when
>executing it from the enterprise manager.
>And I've also got a stored procedure that uses
xp_cmdshell to run dtsrun.exe
>with all of its needed parameters.
>Now, when I'm running this stored procedure from the
query analyzer the DTS
>package runs the printing app, but it get stuck for some
reason. It doesn't
>get stuck when the printing app sends its data to a local
printer!
>For some reason there a blockage of that app to the
network printer.

>I've tried changing the account that the sql server is
running on to
>administrator, but no effect.
>I've also tried installing on different platforms: win2k
pro,winxp pro,win2k
>advanced server. (and on different computers)
>I need this to be run on one of those platforms, and if
its possible with
>MSDE on it. note that I've also tried installing Sql
server 2000 developer
>edition.
>
>I've got this working only once! when I've install sql
server 2000 developer
>edition+sp3 on a win2k advanced server, but then I've
uninstalled the sql
>server, and installed the MSDE. Since then I couldn't
make the whole system

= 'dtsrun /S "(local)" /U "sa" /P "sa" /N '+@DtsName+' /M
>'+ @DtsPassword
>
> EXECUTE @ERROR = master..xp_cmdshell @CMD
>
>END
> -- Return Error
> RETURN @ERROR
>GO
>

>Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
>Thanks.
>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Selling the boss on a "publish to the web" Access app?
    ... Go to www.officelive.com, this free small business edition is only available to North America customers right now however. ... Are the users app specific where certains users can log into that app or have rights to it but not others? ... The person coming in the door that wants to sell new carpets or new desks or a new paint job on the walls or even a new computer has to justify that they're going to save the company money. ... I suppose you could bring in a whole bunch of IT people, and go through all enormous expenses and dangers of security of setting up a web host server. ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)
  • Re: Homegrown synchronization
    ... to check for update files in the Import DropBox for the server. ... similar to the import code used to update a remote backend). ... code to close the "sync" app. ... synch app, but only one at a time would be able to do synchs. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.replication)
  • RE: Beginners Questions
    ... We do use Windows form on the presentation layer which is on ... terminal server and call web services on the business logic side. ... of using "proxy" authentication on SQL Server. ... > I have written an app with a Windows Forms UI that is deployed to clients ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.distributed_apps)
  • Re: Ruby Enterprise App Design Advice
    ... Load balanced to send user to best server. ... FastCGI or SCGI - We would like to replace FastCGI with something ... certain instance and want to have a single session server (if I understand ... deals with login and logout and assigns an app server. ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • RE: C++ Garbage Collector on VMS?
    ... And HW is usually not a problem in th app tier. ... One for App server, one for DB. ... Tiers were a great concept when HW could not keep up with the processing required by each tier and network speeds were slow and unreliable. ... In small to medium app environments, ...
    (comp.os.vms)