Linked Server (Index service)

From: Pete Wojtkowiak (petewojtkowiak_at_mtsseating.com)
Date: 05/21/04

    Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 07:01:07 -0700

    I have added my indexing service catalogs via exec
    sp_addlinkedserver from Query Analyzer (all of this is
    running on the same server). I am doing this because I
    wish to write some asp.net pages to query the catalogs.
    However, in Enterprise Manager, when I go to expand
    Security->Linked Servers, I can see the catalogs I have
    added, with the "tables" and "views" items underneath. If
    I right click on either, I get "Error 7301: Could not
    obtain a required interface from OLE DB provider MSIDXS"
    What the heck?

    Please have mercy on my poor soul. I have not used
    newsgroups before, so I am not sure how to get a reply,
    therefore I added my own email address above.

    Thanks in advance,
    Pete