clustered (A/P) servers behind firewall problem

From: Kob Uki (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/20/04

Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 12:23:25 -0700

Hi!

We have clustered servers behind firewall. The active
node sends back the package but the virtual server was
the addressed. The firewall rejects the package. What can
be done? Is it by design of MSCS? You have to allow all
nodes IP (even though only 1 is active) at the firewall?

Thanks,
kob uki

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ports
    ... The real problem we are having is clustered servers ... behind firewall. ... but the virtual server was the sender. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: 2 wan + 2 fire + 1 mdz
    ... If you masq the package, ... >>internet backup. ... > Now I got your point on your configuration. ... > firewall and the other half with the other, or some services on one FW ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Will not update
    ... Checking Windows Servicing Packages ... Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs ... IF a 3rd party firewall was being used, ensure the native Vista firewall ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Trouble in accessing `/home/USERNAME/.Xauthority
    ... Hamed Abdy wrote: ... double click on the package to run ... But when I run "sudo chown ... Ignoring this error, after restarting the computer, firewall starts ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Do VPN connections effectively bypass Firewalls?
    ... Destination port: 80 ... Where the internal IP would be NAT'd by the firewall ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)