Re: ports

From: Kob Uki (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/20/04

Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 12:20:02 -0700

Thanks for the replies.

The real problem we are having is clustered servers
behind firewall. The active node sends back the package
but the virtual server was the sender. The firewall
rejects it. What can be done? Is it by design? I post
this question to the forum so others can see and maybe
recommend something.

Thanks,
kob uki

Utility
>http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310099
>
>Thanks,
>
>Kevin McDonnell
>Microsoft Corporation
>
>This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and
confers no rights.

>.

Relevant Pages

  • clustered (A/P) servers behind firewall problem
    ... We have clustered servers behind firewall. ... node sends back the package but the virtual server was ... The firewall rejects the package. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • RE: [fw-wiz] VPN concentrators
    ... Bear in mind that this up's both the budget and the complexity somewhat. ... EAL4 accreditations on the firewall devices. ... This correspondence is for the named person's use only. ... Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Kerio PFW 2.14 - Safe?
    ... >>A good firewall should signal to the sender, ... Otherwise the sender can be sure, ... to use this famous but almost completely useless "stealth" feature. ... point to the list of reasons why I'm happy to stick with Kerio 2.1.5... ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Sharepoint companyname
    ... Whenever I try to connect to the Sharepoint site from outside our network, ... Would it be because of a firewall, ... If I am on the server, I can access company web fine only if I put the link ... When I right click company web in virtual server and go to properties, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Kerio PFW 2.14 - Safe?
    ... > A good firewall should signal to the sender, ... Otherwise the sender can be sure, ... little chance of answering with a TCP RST to a UDP packet (he was talking ... This may be great for a marketing brochure, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)