Can't start SQL 2000 after MS Update

From: Doug (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/14/04

    Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 10:31:13 -0700

    Hi,
    I recently installed several Windows Updates and security
    patches. Now the SQL Server on my XP Pro development
    machine won't start. The only message box that I get
    when trying to restart is a message box:

    SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

    Any clues on how to fix this? I can't seem to find any
    other references to this problem.

    Regards,

    Doug

    • Re: Is there any way to prevent hacker trying to guess sa password?
      ... and port 1433 will not be open. ... If someone can crash SQL Server by connecting to port 1433, ... You don't need multiple security experts. ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
    • Re: SQL or Access DB
      ... As far as encryption goes though... ... with Sql Server you can use SQL DMO and encrypt your stored procedures ... installation - Security was absolutely critical and in most instances, ... > then we create a nice gui around this database and sell it to automotive ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
    • Re: Getting to the bottom of MSDE network connection problems ...
      ... Brilliant, Nick, especially the explanation for local network user being ... authenticated as GUEST in WinXP SP2. ... > on a desktop OS like XP (meaning that, you can not compare SQL Server ... > again and selected the security tab. ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.msde)
    • [NT] SQL Extended Procedure Functions Contain Unchecked Buffers
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... SQL Server 7.0 and 2000 provide extended stored procedures, ... Several of the Microsoft-provided extended stored procedures have been ... Exploiting the flaw could enable an attacker to either cause the SQL ...
      (Securiteam)
    • RE: Login failed for user (null).
      ... used at signon to authenticate in SQL Server. ... connect the remote SQL Server database), is there any other data accessing ... What's the security identity used to access the remote SQL Server, ... the worker process identity. ...