How to link a login to a database user

From: Krygim (krygim_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/13/04

Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 21:17:44 +0800

USER1 is the db_owner of the database INVENTORY. There exists an identical
SQL Server login name USER1. When I double-click on the login name, in the
Database Access page, I find that USER1 is permitted to access INVENTORY.
However, there is no linkage between the login USER1 and database owner
USER1. The "User" cell at the right of the INVENTORY database is blank in
the Database Access page. However when I try to enter USER1 into the cell, I
get an error message telling me the user USER1 already exists in INVENTORY.

However can I link the login name to the database user name?

TIA
KM

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Any Help Please
    ... So in fact when you login as User1, even though User1 exists as a user in the database, the login User1 and the user User1 are not related. ... I had first moved the logins and that seemed to work fine then upon restoring the databases and leaving them at 8.0 compatibility the explicit object permissions are not restored. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • How to link a login to a database user
    ... USER1 is the db_owner of the database INVENTORY. ... SQL Server login name USER1. ... Database Access page, I find that USER1 is permitted to access INVENTORY. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Exchange of login for database user
    ... >=> 'user1' is not tied to any login. ... > I want to change the login tied to the database users to: ... dbo is always tied to a login, since dbo is the database owner. ...
    (comp.databases.ms-sqlserver)
  • Re: How to link a login to a database user
    ... > USER1 is the db_owner of the database INVENTORY. ... When I double-click on the login name, ... > Database Access page, I find that USER1 is permitted to access INVENTORY. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: How to link a login to a database user
    ... Inventory database you find that you get the error message (yip that is what ... Inventory database when adding the user back in. ... > USER1 is the db_owner of the database INVENTORY. ... When I double-click on the login name, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)