Re: Add domain user?

From: js (js_at_someone@hotmail.com)
Date: 05/06/04

Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 14:58:01 -0400

Thanks Jeff.

How to assign denywrite to MYDN\Test have without by removing it from local
administrator?
If I take out the db_owner from BUILTIN\Administrators will cause any
problem??

"Jeff Duncan" <jduncan@gtefcu.org> wrote in message
> SA will overrule. The user will be SA.
>
> --
> Jeff Duncan
> MCDBA, MCSE+I
> "js" <js@someone@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Jasper.
> >
> > Another question about this one: if a particular role of which the user
is
> > member has been denied a specific object permission (such as SELECT),
the
> > user is unable to exercise that permission. The most restrictive
> > permission
> > (DENY) takes precedence.
> >
> > What will happen in this case: MYDN\Test is belonging to local
> > administrator
> > group and System Admin Server Role. And I set "db_denydatawriter" to
this
> > user in Northwind database. Can this user exec the "Updte ." statement
in
> > Northwind's table?
> >

> > Please advice....
> >

> > "Jasper Smith" <jasper_smith9@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> By default, a new AD user will have no access to a specific SQL Server
> >> unless they are added to a windows group that has access to SQL Server
or
> >> their domain account is explicitly added as a login.
> >>
> >> --
> >> HTH
> >>
> >> Jasper Smith (SQL Server MVP)
> >>
> >> I support PASS - the definitive, global
> >> community for SQL Server professionals -
> >> http://www.sqlpass.org
> >>

> >> "js" <js@someone@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> new

Relevant Pages

  • resol
    ... Verify that the user who is trying to install the hotfix or the update has local Administrator permissions. ... You do not have permission to update Windows XP with local admin rights ... We have local admin rights on the workstations. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: 837272 & 839643 Updates wont install on W2K SP4 domain PCs - Permission Error
    ... > 3.455: Failed To Enable SE_BACKUP_PRIVILEGE> 3.565: Setup encountered an error: You do not have> permission to update Windows 2000. ... > Please contact your system administrator. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: XP Accessibility feature saving profile
    ... >> think you should have the System Administrator, ... >>> the network storage they provide or my thumbdrive and restore it for my ... I have WRITTEN permission + if they refused to ... >>>> multi-user environments to protect setups from exactly the kind of ...
  • Re: Administrator account has "SEND AS" right on every Mailbox
    ... We all know Administrator can change any permission in AD. ... > dutch SBS 2003 servers. ... >> probably by Exchange Installation. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Office 2007 Docs open read only from Webdav folder
    ... "I did copy all the files while logged on as administrator. ... I had copied them all into the Shared Documents" ... Users should have PERMISSION to access the Shared Docs directory. ... assume that your user account can access these files on your backup ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)