Re: Add domain user?

From: Jeff Duncan (jduncan_at_gtefcu.org)
Date: 05/06/04

Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 14:51:57 -0400

SA will overrule. The user will be SA.

--
Jeff Duncan
MCDBA, MCSE+I
"js" <js@someone@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:edWLIh5MEHA.1644@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Thanks Jasper.
>
> Another question about this one: if a particular role of which the user is
> member has been denied a specific object permission (such as SELECT), the
> user is unable to exercise that permission. The most restrictive
> permission
> (DENY) takes precedence.
>
> What will happen in this case: MYDN\Test is belonging to local
> administrator
> group and System Admin Server Role. And I set "db_denydatawriter" to this
> user in Northwind database. Can this user exec the "Updte ." statement in
> Northwind's table?
>

> Please advice....
>

> "Jasper Smith" <jasper_smith9@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> By default, a new AD user will have no access to a specific SQL Server
>> unless they are added to a windows group that has access to SQL Server or
>> their domain account is explicitly added as a login.
>>
>> --
>> HTH
>>
>> Jasper Smith (SQL Server MVP)
>>
>> I support PASS - the definitive, global
>> community for SQL Server professionals -
>> http://www.sqlpass.org
>>

>> "js" <js@someone@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> > By default, when add a domain  user in the Domain Controller, is it
>> > this
>> new
>> > user can access the sql data?
>> > public role only? Thanks...

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Add domain user?
    ... member has been denied a specific object permission, ... user is unable to exercise that permission. ... a new AD user will have no access to a specific SQL Server ... > unless they are added to a windows group that has access to SQL Server or ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Column Level Permissions Security Issue
    ... role is granted SELECT rights as in "GRANT SELECT TO RWE", then a DENY ... When working with security in SQL Server it's imperative to understand ... discusses ownership chaining: http://www.sommarskog.se/dynamic_sql.html. ... there are users who have permission to access this ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Managing SQL database rights using AD
    ... logins to SQL Server. ... You would add these two logins you ... just added as users in the database. ... the Windows group that you just added as logins (and then ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Processing Decision Tree Example for "Data Mining with SQL Server 2005" Hangs
    ... > Jasper Smith (SQL Server MVP) ... >>>stage and hangs SSMS. ... >>>at the Training mining model stage. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.datamining)
  • Re: Processing Decision Tree Example for "Data Mining with SQL Server 2005" Hangs
    ... Jasper Smith (SQL Server MVP) ... >>bit further but now hangs at the Training mining model stage and hangs ... restart it and try to process again it hangs back ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.datamining)