Re: Service Account Changes

From: Jasper Smith (jasper_smith9_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/06/04

Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 18:36:25 +0100

Did you also change the service account for SQL Server Agent ?
Anything in the SQL Agent error log ?

--
HTH
Jasper Smith (SQL Server MVP)
"Sunil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> We recently changed the service account to one of a domain login through
Enterprise Manager.
> Then we removed the Builtin\Administrators group from the list of logins.
This is because we do
> not want any other Admin User of our domain have access to the database.
> We tried this in one test server and successfully removed
Builtin\Administrators group.

> But in Production Server we could not able to restart the SqlAgent
services. This lead into a situation of
> all jobs are not executing now.
>
> Pls help me.
> Thanks in Advance
> Sunil

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Upgrade from 2005 to 2008: Invalid Credentials
    ... it seems that this issue was related to NETWORK SERVICE account for SSIS service could not be validated on DC. ... Please first go to your Services pane, double click your SQL Server Integration Services, switch to the Log On tab to check if the service account is NETWORK SERVICE account. ... Install SQL Server 2008 from the Command Prompt ... Microsoft Online Community Support ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: Error 0x80070534 when changing service account
    ... The only solution that I have been able to find for this error is to RDP into the SQL Server using the new Service account you want the SQL server to run under. ... prefix, an error 0x80070056 "The specified network password is not correct." ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: SPN Requirement
    ... The service account for SQL Server needs to be a domain ... account to allow Write Public Information rights but I'd ... The SQL Network Interface library could not register the Service Principal ... Name for the SQL Server service. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Question about "Distribution clean up: distribution" Job
    ... I granted the SQL Server Service Account "Full Control" over ... the Snapshot Folder and the job has been running successfully ever since. ... Then I went into the job step and copied the command it was ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.replication)
  • Re: xp_cmdshell failed to execute because current security context
    ... INFO: databasename: xp_cmdshell failed to execute because ... SQL Server running under has appropriate privilege. ... Server service account does not have all the relevant permissions not the sql ... ontario, canada ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)