RE: SQL Force Encryption problem

From: Wendy (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/04/04

Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 12:36:05 -0700

Hi Kevin,

Yes, I used the 276553 HOW TO: Enable SSL Encryption for SQL Server 2000 with Certificate
Server http://support.microsoft.com/?id=276553.

We have money to buy a Thawte or Verisign certificate .
Would you please let me know that are the steps to install a Certificate for SQL, if we buy a Thawte or Verisign certificate without local CA?

If I can't go further from click the Personal, I can't get CSR request. If I can't get the CSR, then I can't get a Certificate from Thawte or Verisign. Because they need the CSR to generate a Certificate.from the server.

Thank you so much!

Wendy

Relevant Pages

  • RPC over HTTP, Microsoft solution
    ... Exchange Server 2003 RPC over HTTP Deployment Scenarios ... Place a check in the box next to 'Certificate Services' and click 'Yes' ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • Re: OWA 2003 w/ Smart Card Authentication.
    ... Exchange 2003 server via ActivSync. ... the IIS certificate. ... Whether or not authentication will succeed is completely dictated by ... Server's SSL certificate must be configured on root of v-server via ...
  • Re: Configuring LDAP on Entourage 2004 OS X
    ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... does not work with a self signed SSL certificate OR with the SSL ... configure the System to allow OMA and "Server ActiveSync" access from the ... Configuring Exchange Server 2003 for Client Access. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Configuring SBS2003 for OWA and RWW
    ... And make sure certificate will not be ... On the Connection Type page, click Broadband, and then click Next. ... next to Preferred DNS server and next to ... If you are using ISA, please go to ISA management console, and navigate ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SSL self-signed certificate
    ... On your client, open SQL Server Configuration Manager, right-click SQL ... What's your Trust Server Certificate setting? ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)