RE: SQL Force Encryption problem

From: Wendy (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/04/04

Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 12:36:05 -0700

Hi Kevin,

Yes, I used the 276553 HOW TO: Enable SSL Encryption for SQL Server 2000 with Certificate
Server http://support.microsoft.com/?id=276553.

We have money to buy a Thawte or Verisign certificate .
Would you please let me know that are the steps to install a Certificate for SQL, if we buy a Thawte or Verisign certificate without local CA?

If I can't go further from click the Personal, I can't get CSR request. If I can't get the CSR, then I can't get a Certificate from Thawte or Verisign. Because they need the CSR to generate a Certificate.from the server.

Thank you so much!

Wendy