Re: Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection

From: Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\) (egbert_nierop_at_nospam.invalid)
Date: 05/04/04

Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 08:24:34 +0200

"Peter Afonin" <pva@speakeasy.net> wrote in message
news:uv2RYZTMEHA.2500@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hello:
>
> I've just upgraded Windows 2000 server to Windows server 2003, and after
> this I cannot get to the SQL server Enterprise manager, I'm getting error
> "Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL
> Server connection"

null points to an anonymous user that tries to login. In a (default) Win2000
is anonymous login easily possible. In Win2003 not.

Another thing to look at, is your client configuration (see SQL menu). It
might be that you use the wrong protocol such as TCP/IP while it needs named
pipes.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Login failed for user (null). Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection
    ... "Peter Afonin" wrote in message ... > this I cannot get to the SQL server Enterprise manager, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: SQL-DMO CreateFile error when scripting database
    ... Michael Cheng wrote: ... I understood that you would like to Generate Scripts from SQL Server Enterprise Manager and encounter the error message CreateFile error on '..PRC' in the process of generating it. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.tools)
  • RE: Refresh after import SS2K
    ... have to shut down your SQL Server Enterprise Manager when you running DTS ... I am not sure why you will have to restart SQL Server Enterprise ... Is there any error messages in Event Log or Error ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • RE: Invalid cursor state error when saving table changes
    ... by SQL Server Enterprise Manager. ... anything I misunderstood, please feel free to let me know. ... it is a known issue for us when using SQL Server Enterprise ... Mingqing Cheng ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: SQL Database Migration
    ... In the SQL Server Enterprise Manager, select the database that is causing ... Close the SQL Server Enterprise Manager. ... > backup and restore method. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)