Re: Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection

From: Russell Fields (RussellFields_at_NoMailPlease.Com)
Date: 05/03/04

Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 15:00:27 -0400

Peter,

CAUSE
This error occurs because the SQL Server is configured to use "Windows only"
authentication.
RESOLUTION
On the SQL Server Security tab, configure SQL Server to use "SQL Server and
Windows" authentication.

Russell Fields
"Peter Afonin" <pva@speakeasy.net> wrote in message
> Hello:
>
> I've just upgraded Windows 2000 server to Windows server 2003, and after
> this I cannot get to the SQL server Enterprise manager, I'm getting error
> "Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL
> Server connection"
>
> I've found many articles about it, but they are all about problems with
ASP
> or ASP.Net. I don't have a problem with ASP.Net, my Intranet application
is
> running OK.
>
> I still can get in using SQL server connection if I change the
registration
> properties, but if I use Trusted connections I get this error. And I need
> use trusted connections.
>
> I would appreciate any help very much.
>
> Thank you,
>
> --
> Peter Afonin

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows Authentication in asp.net 2005 to SQL Server?
    ... If the domains do not trust each other, Windows authentication is not going ... Basic authentication sometimes makes the need for Kerberos delegation go ... generic account to do the backend data stuff on our SQL Server. ...
  • Re: Remote connection failed
    ... If you are going over a remote connection or are not logging ... into the domain where SQL Server is then no, Windows ... authentication won't work. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • Re: Changing passwords / Blocking SA login attempts
    ... I went into the Server Config properties and changed to Windows ... My login for Start and Run SQL server was in this format. ... I am supposing this was an SQL authentication, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Windows Authentication with IIS on separate machines
    ... Yes, setting Basic Authentication in IIS works, but the ... >in SQL server but doesn't work if user account was ... >imported from a Windows account. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Login failed for ServerGuest
    ... I think it is not a limitation in Windows 2000. ... access SQL server on Win2000 server by using Windows authenctication if I ... | I have noticed that when I try to log in using Windows Authentication ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)