RE: Connecting to SQL across Non-Trusted Domains

From: Kevin McDonnell [MSFT] (kevmc_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/23/04

Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 20:05:44 GMT

Sounds like the Agent polling is not able to contact the other servers
unless you map a drive allowing your server
to communicate with the others. This is more of a problem with disjoined
domains that SQL Server.

Thanks,

Kevin McDonnell
Microsoft Corporation

  • Re: NIS interoperability with Linux, was Re: Following directions doesnt seem to work: Adding users
    ... No such map shadow.byname. ... This seems to be consistent with the FreeBSD NIS Server behaviour ... FreeBSD's NIS server handles the shadow password ... it seems linux handles this the same way. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • SUMMARY: Cross-platform file sharing in NIS
    ... real issue is that in my environment X64 and SPARC binaries locations are ... simply cannot put them in a single location on a file server. ... able to mount it on a particular platform and install the binaries directly ... The the auto_direct map cab have for example:- ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: NET USE in 2k3
    ... > Network Security: Minimum session security for NTLM SSP (there will be one ... > map a drive to a Cellera NAS server. ... Again, this worked fine with Win 2k Server, so I'm trying to figure ... When I'm home, and plug the laptop into my home network, I ...
  • Re: Mapping Network Drive From Windows 7 to a Win2k Server
    ... which is the only way I can map to a regular Win2k computer (not server) but I can't map to a Win2K Server ... For the Win2k server it doesn't even ask for the Username and Password. ... (The OS was previously Windows 7 Home Premium and was upgraded to Ultimate.) ...
  • Re: Adding a web interface to an exisiting server.
    ... You just need a secondary process/thread ... We did save data in memory to db whenever it changes. ... the parts communicate more efficiently. ... version of the server program. ...
    (comp.programming)