Re: giving a user the ability to add logins and users to a database

anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com
Date: 04/22/04

Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 14:03:40 -0700

This does not work. I just created a user gave it
security admin role on the server and then gave it both
accessadmin and securityadmin. I get permission denied
when I try to add the user.

Please help.
members
>of that role.
>
>-Sue
>
>On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 13:01:35 -0700, "Matt."
><mattcioffi@crd.com> wrote:
>
>>I need to give a user the ability to create logins and
>>then add that login to a database. Is it possible to do
>>this without granting System Administrator Role? I
cannot
>>seem to do this any other way then giving the user
>>sysadmin. Any help would be greatly apperciated.
>>
>>Thanks.
>
>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: object level permissions being lost when migrating
    ... I first transferred the logins from the 2000 server to the 2005 server via ... I then restored the databases and re-synched the users via the ... Errors After Restoring Dump ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Move databases between servers
    ... What I'm trying to do now is to copy master. ... Now I'm reinstalling sql with identical version, and restore all databases ... Since the logins are in master and operators/agents are in msdb why I ... copy all database and log files to new server ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • db_owners unable to see login list
    ... add new users to their databases, despite the fact that logins exist ... for these users on the server. ... look at the logins, the complete list is not presented to them. ... assign them to server-level security roles, ...
    (comp.databases.ms-sqlserver)
  • Re: Copying Databases From Server to Another
    ... Manager, for SQL Server instances, which takes care to move logins and msdb ... you can perhaps full backup and restore on the new server users databases... ... you could then script the logins out and recreate them on the destination ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.msde)
  • Re: moving server to a new box
    ... for SQL Server ... There are> about 100 user databases with a lot of logins and jobs. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)