RE: installed ssl-certificate -> SQL-Server locked !

From: Kevin McDonnell [MSFT] (kevmc_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/12/04

Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 16:55:40 GMT

Make sure that the "force Protocol encryption" option is removed from both
the
Server Network Utility and the CLient network Utility.

Once you remove the certificate, SQL must be restarted. Just MSSQLServer
service, not the machine.

Thanks,

Kevin McDonnell
Microsoft Corporation

  • Re: SQL and DNS
    ... TCP is the top protocol in the client network utility. ... I did have to add the alias. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: SQL 7 Encryption Using Multiprotocol Network Library
    ... You mention that the client is properly configured, ... Did you run the Client Network Utility on the Client to ... SQL Server is installed on Windows 2000 Server. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • RE: Force protocol encryption.
    ... Visit http://www.sql-server-performance.com for tips and articles on Performance topic. ... > the server network utility but it didn`t work ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Install failure of MS SQL Server 2000 and SP3a
    ... >>I have just installed MS SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition. ... >> I've added the contents of the install log file at the end ... >> Menu\Programs\Microsoft SQL Server\Client Network Utility ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: MSDE Not connecting remotely
    ... If you install the sql server client tools you will get this client ... > Where will I find the Client Network Utility on MSDE2000? ... It works locally on the server. ... >> Use Client Network Utility from the client to configure for Network ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)