RE: Connecting to a remote server

From: Kevin McDonnell [MSFT] (kevmc_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/09/04

Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 01:04:09 GMT

Do I simply need to specify the port in the querystring in order to connect
to the remote server ?

What users/logins will need to be created in order for the web app to
connect to our internal server ?

Should I use a trusted connection or specify uid=sa;pwd=abc in the
querystring ?

The port is not required. SQL clients default to port 1433.
The logins required depends on your application.

MSDE is not required on the webserver.
The IIS server is the client to the SQL Server in your case.
You can't make Trusted Connections using a username and password.

Thanks,

Kevin McDonnell
Microsoft Corporation