RE: Connecting to a remote server

From: Kevin McDonnell [MSFT] (kevmc_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/09/04

Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 01:04:09 GMT

Do I simply need to specify the port in the querystring in order to connect
to the remote server ?

What users/logins will need to be created in order for the web app to
connect to our internal server ?

Should I use a trusted connection or specify uid=sa;pwd=abc in the
querystring ?

The port is not required. SQL clients default to port 1433.
The logins required depends on your application.

MSDE is not required on the webserver.
The IIS server is the client to the SQL Server in your case.
You can't make Trusted Connections using a username and password.

Thanks,

Kevin McDonnell
Microsoft Corporation

  • RE: Some technical errors
    ... If the SMTP server is not running on port 25 TCP it is not a public ... Manager - Computer Assurance Services BDO Chartered Accountants & ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Managing "capabilities" for security
    ... default tickets are held by the kernel and can be chosen by the parent ... The default ticket for any particular call is assumed unless the ... than to check that the server address on the ticket is good. ... the kernel had to invoke the RPC if the service port IN YOUR ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Java Error
    ... number corresponds to a particular "server" application but it doesn't have ... Normally TELNET can be found when you connect to port 23 from ... The bind() call references the structure mentioned above. ... specify that port and IP address in the destination fields of the IP header ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: SRV RRs support in Internet Explorer?
    ... The port number could be implicit (i.e. ... At any point in time, a server could fail ... can't effectively LB or backup because NSs cache the records for the TTL ... I still don't see how SRV records would help backup or LB. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.dns)
  • Re: Still cant connect to RWW or OWA remotely
    ... I get 'cannot find server or dns error' on both ... TCP [port number]> to open the ports. ... As for error messages when I fail to access RWW with the laptop, ... network, no connection seems possible. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)