Re: Strong Policy Passwords

From: Sue Hoegemeier (Sue_H_at_nomail.please)
Date: 04/06/04

Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 12:22:17 -0600

It's not coming from the SQL Server end of things. You may
have something setup with security policies. You would
likely want to check the topic in the .Net Framework on
Code Access Security for .NET Data Providers

-Sue

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 07:16:03 -0700, "Booster0110"

>I all.
>
>I want to create a sql authenification user but it fails with the following message:
>
> .Net SqlClient Data Provider: Msg 15118, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
> Password validation failed. The password does not meet policy requirements because it is not complex enough.
>
>The problem is that this user is hardcode in the software and must have this sql login user with the specifiered user pwassword.
>In which way i can diable the strong pawword policy.
>
>Can someone help me ?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Unable to reinstall SBS Monitoring
    ... Uninstall Windows SBS 2003 R2 components". ... they ask to see "Installing the Windows Small Business ... Rerun Setup, and retry installing ... B5CA-19397244DCFD})of sql setup at Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SQL Server Developer Edtn 2005 - WMI Error during installation - Error:2147500034 (0x800
    ... Here is some information from the Log files that are created from the SQL ... Server setup (C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup ... Condition "Setup is running locally." ... Windows Error Text: Source File Name: sqlchaining\sqlchainingactions.cpp ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • SQL Server 2005 CTP Installation
    ... nachdem ich mich vor einer Weile schon einmal mit der Installation der SQL ... Refer to server error logs and setup logs for more information. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.sqlserver)
  • Re: Cluster / Cannot install Service Pack
    ... setup has encountered an unexpected error while Setting Internal ... MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ... SQL troubleshooting: http://sql.veranoest.net ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: SQL 2000 Problems on One Node Only
    ... Since it is a setup error, there will be a setup log file in the windows ... Installation of a named instance of SQL Server 2000 virtual server on a ... Windows 2003-based cluster fails ... Microsoft SQL Server MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)