Backing up transaction logs

From: Travis (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/30/04

Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 10:23:53 -0800

Hi,

I have a single Windows Server 2003 and SQL Server 2000.
I have created a maintanance plan to back up my SQL data
base as well as the transaction log. I am getting this
error in my event viewer and haven't been able to figure
out why. I have recreated the job, making sure I was
signed in as administrator and it didn't change
anything. I have also gone into Logins under enterprise
manager and the user xxxdomainxxx\administrator does not
exist and I an not able to add it (it says it can't find
it). Any help is appreciated. Thanks

SQL Server Scheduled Job 'Transaction Log Backup Job for
DB Maintenance Plan 'DB Maintenance Plan2''
(0xB829073EE903F94A8783BC84D54506C6) - Status: Failed -
Invoked on: 2004-03-30 13:00:00 - Message: The job
failed. Unable to determine if the owner
(xxxdomainxxx\Administrator) of job Transaction Log
Backup Job for DB Maintenance Plan 'DB Maintenance Plan2'
has server access (reason: Could not obtain information
about Windows NT group/user 'xxxdomainxxx\Administrator'.
[SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 8198)).

Relevant Pages

  • =?Utf-8?Q?Maintenance_Plan_schl=C3=A4gt_fehl_=C3=BCb?= =?Utf-8?Q?er_Netz=2C_Lokal_l=C3=A4uft
    ... Execute Maintenance Plan ... See the maintenance plan and SQL Server Agent job ...
    (microsoft.public.de.sqlserver)
  • Re: SQl server 2005 Maintenance Plan TSQL
    ... Ich habe es schon versucht aber ich kann nur ein "Database Maintenance Plan" erstellen, so wie in SQL Server 2000. ... Gibt es eine Möglichkeit einen solchen Plan zu erstellen den man dann auch im SQL Server Management Studio unter "Management --> Maintenance Plan" sieht? ...
    (microsoft.public.de.sqlserver)
  • Re: SQl server 2005 Maintenance Plan TSQL
    ... Maintenance Plan" erstellen, so wie in SQL Server 2000. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.sqlserver)
  • SQl server 2005 Maintenance Plan TSQL
    ... Ich habe es schon versucht aber ich kann nur ein "Database Maintenance Plan" ... Plan zu erstellen den man dann auch im SQL Server Management Studio unter ...
    (microsoft.public.de.sqlserver)
  • Re: Slow UPDATE and DELETE on SQL Server 2000
    ... databases: one on the new machine and one on the old machine (by the ... The plan from the old machine was more complex and has PARALLELISM ... > wrong with the SQL Server installation and unlikely that there are sub-system ... > linked-server driver parameters are not properly set. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)