Re: Web Application

From: Tibor Karaszi (tibor_please.no.email_karaszi_at_hotmail.nomail.com)
Date: 03/25/04

    Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 17:35:30 +0100

    If you by "embedded" mean like a linked DLL file, than no. SQL Server (and MSDE) is always a service (on NT or
    higher). Yes, you can have several SQL Servers on the same machine. One can be default instance and the other
    will be named instances. Actually, the MSDE and re-distribution thing was one of the driving forces behind the
    multi-instance support.

    --
    Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
    http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
    "simo sentissi" <simo_sentissi@skc.edu> wrote in message news:eiv5UZoEEHA.2052@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
    > Hello
    >
    > I am programming an application in wich I need and embedded database. I am
    > looking into either turbodb and vistadb.
    > I would like to know if msde could be run as an embeded db instead of a
    > service ? and if msde and sql server could be installed on the same machine
    > ?
    >
    > thanks !

    • RE: MSDE, Access, SharePoint... I am not sure where to ask this qu
      ... 1.>> What is the difference between MSDE and WMSDE? ... MSDE that is targeted for use by Windows components only. ... isn't SQL Server Express replacing MSDE and WMSDE? ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: moving EXE from MSDE PC to SQL Server PC
      ... I haven't tried named instances as I didn't even know about them when I installed MSDE and I used the defaults. ... I have a third PC with XP running SQL Server but I am leaving that one out for now until I get this working. ... are the network protocols enabled on the remote server? ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.msde)
    • Re: Put database on Internet
      ... > Once you will be able to connect to MSDE or to SQL-Server, ... > and ADP in the same time as frontends to your database. ... >> will be able to serve as SQL server. ...
      (microsoft.public.access.dataaccess.pages)
    • Re: Need help & support regarding MBSA 2.1 beta 2
      ... Issue: Local Account Password Test ... Check is skipped on Windows XP Home Edition computers. ... SQL Server and/or MSDE authentication mode is set to Windows ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Need help & support regarding MBSA 2.1 beta 2
      ... Issue: Local Account Password Test ... Check is skipped on Windows XP Home Edition computers. ... SQL Server and/or MSDE authentication mode is set to Windows Only. ...
      (microsoft.public.security)