Re: Web Application

From: Tibor Karaszi (tibor_please.no.email_karaszi_at_hotmail.nomail.com)
Date: 03/25/04

    Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 17:35:30 +0100

    If you by "embedded" mean like a linked DLL file, than no. SQL Server (and MSDE) is always a service (on NT or
    higher). Yes, you can have several SQL Servers on the same machine. One can be default instance and the other
    will be named instances. Actually, the MSDE and re-distribution thing was one of the driving forces behind the
    multi-instance support.

    --
    Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
    http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp