Re: Copying Linked Server Config from one server to another

From: Sue Hoegemeier (Sue_H_at_nomail.please)
Date: 03/25/04

Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 07:40:08 -0700

You wouldn't want to copy the system tables to accomplish
this.
There is a script on SQL Server Central that scripts out
remote, linked servers. Check the following on their site:
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/scripts/contributions/620.asp

-Sue

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 05:41:06 -0800, Joe

>Is it advisable to copy the sysservers table and sysoledbusers view from the master DB on one server to master on a 2nd server?
>
>I have 20 linked servers that I need to add to 2 new servers and I would like to avoid configuring them individually.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Remote office logon script - Long Delay
    ... Windows IP Configuration ... If I point the User's profile to a script that doesn't contain the ... I do not have WINS configured for the remote site, ... This remote server was built using connect computer script, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Remote office logon script - Long Delay
    ... Windows IP Configuration ... If I point the User's profile to a script that doesn't contain the ... I do not have WINS configured for the remote site, ... This remote server was built using connect computer script, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: WMI ExecQuery from Win32_NTEventLogFile in a Workgroup environ
    ... computer from which the script is being run? ... "urkec" wrote: ... as it correctly creates the .evt files for the local ... I have a script that runs on one node and copies files from all the remote ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: Remote office logon script - Long Delay
    ... Windows IP Configuration ... If I point the User's profile to a script that doesn't contain the ... I do not have WINS configured for the remote site, ... is a GC/AD server with DNS and DHCP for it's area. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: wshremote not running script on remote computer
    ... "The script you deploy to the remote computer must not attempt to interact ... I do want to open a command window on a remote machine, ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)