RE: IIS -> SQLServer on another machine

From: Kevin McDonnell [MSFT] (kevmc_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/23/04

    Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 20:03:20 GMT

    316989 PRB: "Login Failed" Error Message When You Create a Trusted Data
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=316989

    - Programmatically change the security context of the ASP.NET worker
      process to a user who has the correct SQL Server permissions. -or-

    - Change the default configuration of ASP.NET so that the ASP.NET
      worker process starts and runs under the context of a user who has the
      correct permissions in SQL Server. -or-

    - Grant the correct permissions on SQL Server so that the aspnet_wp
      account (or NetworkService account, for an application that runs on IIS
      6.0) has the appropriate access to the required resources.

    317012 INFO: Process and Request Identity in ASP.NET
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=317012

    Thanks,

    Kevin McDonnell
    Microsoft Corporation

    • ADP, Application Role, and objects
      ... The above link is to an atricle on how to implement SQL Server Application ... After you connect with your ADP, fire a bit of code to set the ... third party tools to view the data on the same database. ... Scenario 1 - If I explicitly grant permissions on that object to the user ...
      (microsoft.public.access.adp.sqlserver)
    • That is permission problem
      ... SQL Server 2005 can't attach database on Windows Vista ... It seems it must be a permissions problem. ... What is the service account for SQL Server? ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.tools)
    • Re: field level security question
      ... Vyas, MVP ... listBox control that gets data from a query of the sql server table. ... > recent change in requirement) I see the option to limit permissions right ... > utility opens except their is just no data. ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
    • RE: SQL 2008 - remote connection to the SSIS 2008 - Access denied
      ... SQL Server configures the appropriate rights during the installation process, ... then add users/groups and assign the appropriate permissions. ... user who created the package apply to the writer role. ... I checked DCOM MsDts component and my user rights for the Remote ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts)
    • Re: Deny access to all users (including Administrator and DomainAd
      ... permissions on stored procedure override ... applictaion's user account permissions to the stored procedure which will ... Will try to deny access through the query for SQL Server 2005 and 2000. ... Remove everyone that you don't want rom an Administrator Groups ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)