ASPNET Acct in SQL Server 2000

anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com
Date: 03/22/04

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:52:49 -0800

I have windows Server 2003 w/ IIS 6.0 running an asp.net
web application. The web application needs to connect to
another server, with SQL Server 2000 installed. We also
have Active Directory.

My question is how do I get the ASPNET account to show up
in the list of users on SQL Server? Do I need to add it
to Active directory? Do I need to create another user as
ASPNET on SQL Server?

Thanks for the help.

Steve M.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: T-Sql & Active Directory Roles, Identification of original login of impersonated IDs an
    ... We want to be able to control access to data within a table based on a ... role within Active directory. ... All the sites are held in a single database table. ... can grant permissions in SQL Server to Windows groups. ...
    (comp.databases.ms-sqlserver)
  • Re: sql2005/linked server+imperonate
    ... When you go from the first SQL Server to the second SQL ... Active Directory attempts to use Kerberos as the authentication method first. ... so through delegation, but you have to do some setup. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.sqlserver)
  • Re: Querying Windows Active Directory from Sql Server 2000
    ... is added to the active directory and i've rights in active directory to ... account in SQL Server to run the query. ... have permission to read the ActiveDirectory tree. ... OLE DB provider 'ADSDSOObject' reported an error. ...
    (comp.databases.ms-sqlserver)
  • Re: SMS Component errors after installing SP2
    ... MVP Windows Server System - SMS ... MP encountered an error when connecting to SQL Server. ... If using a standard SQL security account, ... is used to publish fully qualified host names in Active Directory. ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.setup)
  • Re: Email unkown when trying to add user in AD mode
    ... The problem is that I can't add them as a user in Active Directory mode. ... Wayne Snyder, MCDBA, SQL Server MVP ... > SharePoint Services). ... >> community of SQL Server professionals. ...