C2 auditing on SQL Server

From: RS (rspen_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 03/16/04

Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 08:53:24 -0600

I currently have C2 auditing turned on for a server, and an audit trace file
gets written to the default database directory every couple of hours. Is
there a way to get C2 auditing to write to a separate database for querying?

And is there also a way to turn C2 on/off without restarting the server?

Is C2 the appropriate tool for internal auditing, or is there a
better tool out there for getting reports, etc?

cross posted to .securitytools

Thanks,
-RS

Relevant Pages

  • Re: C2 auditing on SQL Server
    ... And is there also a way to turn C2 on/off without restarting the server? ... Is C2 the appropriate tool for internal auditing, or is there a better tool ... > gets written to the default database directory every couple of hours. ... > better tool out there for getting reports, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Auditing object access from network
    ... server with domain member clients accessing the target file structure via ... I want to audit file deletions in specific directories of a file server, ... NOT BY USERS ACCESSING FILES VIA THE NETWORK. ... Set up auditing ACLs for every entity in Active Directory, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • RE: filenames changing
    ... Mal is right, let's turn on file auditing, and troll the security log ... the server resides, right-click on it and click Properties. ... On the Group Policy tab, select a GPO and click Edit (if there's no GPO ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • SBS2K Server, how to change local policy, auditing on. Make Effective Setting.
    ... I ran Microsoft's MBSA 1.2.1 and noticed that auditing was not on on one ... I turned auditing on for the domain on the server, ... Effective Setting set is "Audit Account Management." ... Was I supposed to instead of editing the default domain policy in Active ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: URLSCAN.INI 0 Bytes in length
    ... I have turned on auditing now for that file. ... There are 10 websites running on this server. ... and am going to apply SP4 and see if I have any problems on it. ... > I'd suggest you check the event viewer and IIS logfiles. ...