communication encryption questions

From: ch (ch_at_dontemailme.com)
Date: 03/11/04

Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 13:28:58 -0600

it has been requested that network traffic be encrypted for a new
database coming. this db will be going onto a server that has many
databases on it and currently does not use network protocol encryption.
we use only tcp/ip protocol for db traffic. we have a variety of
applications hitting various databases including powerbuilder, iis,
access, vb. if i turn on encryption in the server network utility,
will all tcp/ip traffic from these other apps become encrypted?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Can Access handle this configuration, or do I need SQL Server?
    ... >> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP ... >>> offices linked to the back end mdb files in a server at one of the four ... have more than 5 of them working on any one of these databases ... performance is not a problem; but over the network ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: Can Access handle this configuration, or do I need SQL Server?
    ... >> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP ... >>> offices linked to the back end mdb files in a server at one of the four ... have more than 5 of them working on any one of these databases ... performance is not a problem; but over the network ...
    (microsoft.public.access.setupconfig)
  • Re: Can Access handle this configuration, or do I need SQL Server?
    ... Take a look at what Albert Kallal has to say about using Access over the WAN ... > offices linked to the back end mdb files in a server at one of the four> locations. ... > Although we have about 50 users in total at the four offices, we seldom,> if ever, have more than 5 of them working on any one of these databases at> a time, and never as many as 10 at once. ... > Again, if I take the steps to optimize performance of my Access mdb files,> should that be workable over the network I've described? ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: Can Access handle this configuration, or do I need SQL Server?
    ... Take a look at what Albert Kallal has to say about using Access over the WAN ... > offices linked to the back end mdb files in a server at one of the four> locations. ... > Although we have about 50 users in total at the four offices, we seldom,> if ever, have more than 5 of them working on any one of these databases at> a time, and never as many as 10 at once. ... > Again, if I take the steps to optimize performance of my Access mdb files,> should that be workable over the network I've described? ...
    (microsoft.public.access.setupconfig)
  • Re: enterprise manager and query analyzer network security
    ... Depending on where you enforce the SSL encryption (you can ... specify it at the Server level using the Server Network utility or at the ... client using the Client Network utility or connection string) it will either ... Jasper Smith (SQL Server MVP) ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)