Re: Linked Server Fails w/Error: 7399

From: Dejan Sarka (dejan_please_reply_to_newsgroups.sarka_at_avtenta.si)
Date: 03/10/04

Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 09:31:31 +0100

Check if these articles help:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;280106
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;220915
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;277002

--
Dejan Sarka, SQL Server MVP
Associate Mentor
Solid Quality Learning
More than just Training
www.SolidQualityLearning.com
"walter.williams@rd.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:6f5901c4061d$a857ef90$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> I'm trying to connnect from a SQL Server 7.0 db to an
> Oracle 8.i instance.  Connection is failing with the
> following error message:  Error 7399 OLE DB
> Provider 'MSDAOR' reported an error.
>
> I used the following ddl to create my linked server &
> linked server logon:
>
> exec
> sp_addlinkedserver 'CNRDAPRD', 'ORACLE', 'MSADORA', 'cnrdap
> rd'
>
> exec sp_addlinkedsrvlogin 'CNRDAPRD', 'false', 'local SQL
> Server logon', 'Oracle Server Logon', 'Oracle Server logon
> password'
>
> I can connect to the Oracle database from the box where
> I'm running SQL Server.
>
> When I issue: ping oracle server name from box running SQL
> Server I can ping server.
>
> When I issue tnsping oracle database name from box running
> SQL server I can ping Oracle database.
>
> When I issue sqlplus ORA logon/ORA password@ORA dbname I
> can logon to database so I know I can connect to the box
> and I'm using the right logon & password.
>
> Any help greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: ODBC to Oracle 64bit missing rows
    ... the set of Oracle queries that I'm running ... through the linked server right now haven't given me that error.... ... I'm trucking on with 64-bit & Oracle's OLE DB drivers. ... I am on SQL Server 2005, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • RE: SBS 2003 Unable to connect to database STS_Config
    ... Uninstall the SQL server from the SBS 2k3 server from add/remove programs ... Uninstall Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine (SHAREPOINT) ... If AV software install any extra IIS virtual directory, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Memory issues with 64-bit SQL Server 2005 on 64-bit Win 2003 C
    ... I also checked the individual patch levels for the .NET drivers, SQL Server ... The SQL Server is fully patched, however Windows Update reported that the OS ... Lock pages in memory -- I guess you might have taken care of it as well. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
  • RE: migrating from wmsde to sql server
    ... Click Start, point to All Programs\Microsoft SQL Server, and then click ... then click New SQL Server Registration. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Linked Servers
    ... We have two servers, one MS SQL Server, the other Oracle. ... "x.x.x.x" was actually the IP address of the server. ... Funny, since MSDAORA is part of Windows, it should be there. ...
    (comp.databases.ms-sqlserver)