Inernet Explorer: "Illegal Operation"

From: Delores (msdrako223_at_aol.com)
Date: 02/28/04

Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 09:31:06 -0800

Okay, I've tried everything else, so maybe someone out there on the great wide web can help!
Just after my system boots I start getting error messages:
IExplorer: This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
Details: This program has caused a page fault in flt.dll.
When I try to close the dialog,it just keeps popping back up.
My computer usually freezes somewhere during all of this.
 ctrl+alt+delete doesn't help, because then I get the message that IE isn't responding.
My ScanDisk won't run because it says some program is running and it keeps restarting. The same thing happens iht the Defragmenter.
Okay someone tell me what to do!

Delores