Prevent DTS permission?

From: Bryan Fritchie (bryan_at_fritchie.com)
Date: 02/16/04

Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 14:20:33 -0600

Is there a way to grant a SQL Server user permission to work on the database
(create/edit/delete tables/stored procs), but prevent them from performing a
DTS copy of the database to a different machine? We have clients who need
to have full control of their database, except we want to prevent them from
making backups of the live data. They can't perform a backup because they
do not have permission to the file system, but DTS copies are still
possible.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Prevent DTS permission?
    ... > Is there a way to grant a SQL Server user permission to work on the database>, but prevent them from performing a> DTS copy of the database to a different machine? ... We have clients who need> to have full control of their database, except we want to prevent them from> making backups of the live data. ... They can't perform a backup because they> do not have permission to the file system, but DTS copies are still> possible. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Importing From an Access DB Secured with a Workgroup Information File
    ... > In the DTS designer there is an Access icon to use. ... > How can I dynamically set the Access System Database ... > source as Microsoft Access,choose the file path of the .mdb file, provide ... >> secured with a unique Workgroup file (as described in the Access ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts)
  • Re: Audit of sql server
    ... The DTS database transfer makes sense now. ... >> SQL Server will not check on this for you. ... >> Compiles each query but does not execute it. ...
  • Advice sought on use of DTS [Long]
    ... I've used DTS for simple tasks for years, ... data from one database to another. ... In my scratch database I keep a mapping of all records I've previously ... Can you programmatically tell a DTS package which databases to update? ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts)
  • Re: Newbie need help with DTS, null value error.