Re: Automated DTS package will not run

From: Baisong Wei[MSFT] (v-baiwei_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/14/04

Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 09:13:01 GMT

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your update and Olu's reply.

Besides Olu's question, could you run the DTS package in the design windows
of the package? Is it successful or any information? When the mail is send
to you, what is the job history? You could also run the following code in
you Query Analyzer and collect the information of this job.

select * from msdb..sysjobs
select * from msdb..sysjobsteps
select * from msdb..sysjobhistory
select * from msdb..sysnotifications
select * from msdb..sysjobservers
select * from msdb..sysjobschedules

I am waiting on your reply. Thanks

Best regards

Baisong Wei
Microsoft Online Support
Please reply to newsgroups only. Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Return Code from Execute Process Task
    ... I have created a DTS package. ... value if it was successful or not. ... In execute process task a can set a return code for success. ... want to return a failure code an continue the dts package? ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts)
  • DTS package design - Not allaowed link
    ... I't trying to design a DTS package on SQL Server 2000`, ... on a delete statement) upon successful completion of the export. ...
    (comp.databases.ms-sqlserver)
  • Re: sql event viewer error
    ... Check the job history for New Package. ... How to Run a DTS Package as a Scheduled Job ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: No error show but DTS failed.
    ... You may want to turn on Package Logging on the DTS Package that is failing ... to see if you can get an error message there. ... > shows on the view job history? ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts)
  • Re: Error while executing DTS job
    ... Enable logging in the job step itself and also in the DTS package. ... > job history. ... > Please help me to resolve this issue. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts)