SQL Service Pack 3 Problems

From: Sajith S (sajith_sudhi_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 02/14/04

Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 18:06:23 -0800

hi

My SQL server was installed with Service Pack 2 and with
some hotfixes upto the last one issued in January for
MDAC. The new patch for MDAC is applied on server. Before
that MDAC version was MDAC 2.7 SP1 Refresh.

This server is used for OLAP purposes. User is using Excel
to connect to Analysis Manager and retrieving the records
from the Cube.

After installing the service Pack 3, user was unable to
connect to the servers. MultiDimensional Connection Box
will come up first. Then a message box (named : open
connection failed) will come with a message
saying ..."Unable to open connection. Cannot Load
databases;version may not be valid. Connection to the
server is lost."

I found no way to connect....so I uninstalled
everything..and revert to old service pack..Now i am able
to connect.

I need to patch SQL server with service pack 3. Is the
above situation can be solved? Thanks in advance for any
help regarding this...

Regards
sajith S

Relevant Pages

  • Re: User cannot login
    ... can't upgrade or reinstall MDAC. ... connection with integrated security; ... Server connection. ... The last row is the message appearing at the client as well. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Intermittent breaks of persistent connections since SBS2003 upgrad
    ... Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 ... Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 Service Pack 1 ... the DB explorer pane, and it'll say "Connection broken" and reset that pane), ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Service Pack 3 Problems
    ... The new patch for MDAC is applied on server. ... After installing the service Pack 3, ... MultiDimensional Connection Box ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.olap)
  • Re: SQL Server and client MDAC versions
    ... The clients make the connection using MDAC on their PC. ... through a web server, the connection is made through MDAC on the web ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clients)
  • Re: "AdoOpen failed error" can anybody help me ?
    ... The version of MDAC on the server is irrelevant. ... Let's see the code you use to open the connection with the connection string ... SQL Server is running> with MDAC 7 compatible, and i have MDAC 8 on client machine. ...
    (microsoft.public.data.ado)