SQL Service Pack 3 Problems

From: Sajith S (sajith_sudhi_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 02/14/04

Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 18:06:23 -0800

hi

My SQL server was installed with Service Pack 2 and with
some hotfixes upto the last one issued in January for
MDAC. The new patch for MDAC is applied on server. Before
that MDAC version was MDAC 2.7 SP1 Refresh.

This server is used for OLAP purposes. User is using Excel
to connect to Analysis Manager and retrieving the records
from the Cube.

After installing the service Pack 3, user was unable to
connect to the servers. MultiDimensional Connection Box
will come up first. Then a message box (named : open
connection failed) will come with a message
saying ..."Unable to open connection. Cannot Load
databases;version may not be valid. Connection to the
server is lost."

I found no way to connect....so I uninstalled
everything..and revert to old service pack..Now i am able
to connect.

I need to patch SQL server with service pack 3. Is the
above situation can be solved? Thanks in advance for any
help regarding this...

Regards
sajith S