Re: SQL User Backup

From: Adam Feind (adam_at_hot.rr.com)
Date: 02/13/04

Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 14:38:38 GMT

Andrew,

Thanks for all of the links! This will help me out a lot.

Adam

"Andrew J. Kelly" <sqlmvpnooospam@shadhawk.com> wrote in message
> Here is a whole slew of related links:
>

> http://www.support.microsoft.com/?id=314546 Moving DB's between
Servers
> http://www.support.microsoft.com/?id=224071 Moving SQL Server
Databases
> to a New Location with Detach/Attach
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=221465 Using WITH MOVE in a
> Restore
> http://www.support.microsoft.com/?id=246133 How To Transfer Logins and
> Passwords Between SQL Servers
> http://www.support.microsoft.com/?id=298897 Mapping Logins & SIDs after
> Restore
> http://www.dbmaint.com/SyncSqlLogins.asp Utility to map logins to
> users
> http://www.support.microsoft.com/?id=168001 User Logon and/or
Permission
> Errors After Restoring Dump
> http://www.support.microsoft.com/?id=240872 How to Resolve Permission
> Issues When a Database Is Moved Between SQL Servers
> http://www.sqlservercentral.com/scripts/scriptdetails.asp?scriptid=599
> Restoring a .mdf
> http://www.support.microsoft.com/?id=307775 Disaster Recovery Articles
> for SQL Server
>
> http://www.support.microsoft.com/?id=274463 Copy
DB
> Wizard issues
>
> --
>
> Andrew J. Kelly
> SQL Server MVP
>

> "theweapon" <theweapon@somewhere.usa> wrote in message
> > I have a SQL server that is having HDD problems. I can still access my
> > databases and I have backed them up and successfully restored the
database
> > accounts on a new SQL server; however I cannot figure out how to backup
> and
> > restore the user accounts. We have a database that was created by
someone
> > with specific SQL user accounts. Can I move those from the SQL server
> that
> > is having problems (they still work) to another server.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: unable to start SQL Service ... error code 3417
    ... How about just create a new instance and restore databases to the new instance? ... I wouldn't go with restoring master from another instance. ... The supported route is to rebuild your master database, start SQL Server in single user mode, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: SQL 2000 SP4 on 2003 Server - Single User Mode
    ... I found the section where you list the filename to restore to. ... rename the SQL Server the same as what is listed below Courthouse? ... Once you've created your database (simply right click on the Database ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: Moving databases from SQL 7 to SQL 2000 - More Questions!
    ... want to run sp_updatestats after the restore or attach as well. ... >>There is a lot more that can go wrong with the wizard ... > SQL Server Databases ... >>Issues When a Database Is Moved Between SQL Servers ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: HELP!!! restore database - left in loading state?? PLEASE H
    ... RESTORE DATABASE WITH RECOVERY ... Columnist, SQL Server Professional ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.tools)
  • Re: Restore Master DB to New Server
    ... the user database will be suspect. ... Just drop them and then do the restore. ... Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.tools)