RE: Unauthorized user in ASP.

From: Hermilson Tinoco (hertino_sql_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 02/06/04

Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 05:11:06 -0800

Hi David.

Normally this happen because the Web Site in IIS 6, have enabled Anonymous Access, disable this CheckBox and your web site taking permissions the Windows.

Take this Path:
   IIS->Default Web Site -> Web Site [Rigth Click] -> Properties -> [Tab] Directory Security -> Edit -> Anonymous Access

This happen because .Net manage this code in the Web.config:
    <identity impersonate="true"/>

I not believe that your problem be with your sql server connection.

Hermilson Tinoco.
MCSD

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Strange security problem
    ... It does sound like a permissions problem to me. ... the workstation [and also on the web server, if you are using Windows ... > I have a web site running on IIS 4 on an NT4 server within ...
  • Re: How can all the NTFS permissions for a user be audited?
    ... user on a Windows 2003 R2 Server? ... (phone on web site) ...
  • Strange security problem
    ... I have a web site running on IIS 4 on an NT4 server within ... The site uses NT domain security and has the ... permissions applied at the folder level. ... go to another PC (Windows 98) and views the web page ...
  • [NT] Vulnerability in HTML Help Allows Code Execution (MS05-001)
    (Securiteam)
  • Need details from users having problems with KB835732
    ... Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 Web site ... Successful Saturday, April 17, 2004 814078: ... Update (Microsoft Jscript version 5.6, Windows 2000, ... Successful Wednesday, April 14, 2004 Security Update for ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.windows_update)