sp_addalias bug?

From: Derek (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/04/04

Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:42:32 -0800

I need to alias an NT group as dbo on SQL Server 2000 SP3.
The group name has spaces in it. When I run
sp_addalias 'CUFLA\IS Domain Analyst', 'dbo'
I get "Windows NT user or group 'CUFLA\IS Domain Analyst'
not found. Check the name again.
Yet I copied the name from running sp_helplogins. Ive
tried quotes, brackets ......

Relevant Pages

  • Re: User names
    ... > With SP3 will tables created by upsizing from access also be dbo owned as ... >>dbo by default. ... byjust specifically giving the owner name in QA. ... >> SQL Server MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Full-Text Index Table choice grayed out
    ... I'm connecting to a database on SQL Server 2000 SP3 on which I'm the ... dbo. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.fulltext)
  • Re: DBO Best Practices
    ... lines of always owner qualifying objects... ... someone who are just "a" dbo. ... > doesn't explicitly reference the object's owner (because SQL Server will ... The startup account defines the ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: DBO Best Practices
    ... If you let DBO own databases or objects then regular ... Please note that the DBO user is identified by the SQL Server process ... the SQL Server startup account (for the ... SQL Server process) controls SQL Server's ability to work with NT's objects ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: ASP.net insists on using dbo. to call aspnet_* stored procedures
    ... No. mysql_login is one account and the dbo is another account, ... SQL Server 2000 developer in same machine. ... connection string is setup to use the sql login assigned to the ...