RE: Login does not exist - Error 15401

From: Rand Boyd [MSFT] (rboyd_at_onlinemicrosoft.com)
Date: 02/03/04

    Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 16:33:17 GMT

    This could be ralated to the following article:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329420.

    SQL Server uses the function mentioned in the article. If you have SP4 of
    Windows 2000 installed this may not be the problem. The quick resolution is
    to reboot all serves involved starting with the SQL Server to see if that
    will resolve the problem and then the domain controller.

    Rand

    • Re: Slow booting xp home.
      ... Changing the boot order to boot first from your hard disk might save you a half second, but you won't be able to boot from a CD until you change it back - and the time spent to do that will erase any previous time saved. ... 2- Consider what software you really want to start with Windows and also how you've configured your applications at startup ... Installing and Registering Visual Studio Express Editions Smart Device ...
    • SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4
      ... applications to run on 64-bit platforms using the Windows on Windows ... SP4 addresses specific issues discovered in SQL Server ... SP4 is also the first service pack to service the ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)
    • Re: Slow booting xp home.
      ... Thirty seconds to boot Windows? ... I read somewhere that Microsoft suggest 30s boot up on xp home, I have seen videos on youtube of 8s boot up on xp, I'd be delighted with 30s and happy just to get below a minute. ... Installing and Registering Visual Studio Express Editions Smart Device ...
    • Re: Remote connection failed
      ... If you are going over a remote connection or are not logging ... into the domain where SQL Server is then no, Windows ... authentication won't work. ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
    • Getting to the bottom of MSDE network connection problems ...
      ... but other than that it is MSDE 2000 with sp3a already applied. ... I've finally figured out the connection problems associated with this, ... and it seems the problems are due to Windows XP and not MSDE. ... the enterprise/standard versions of SQL server won't install ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.msde)