Re: Local Admin Rights

From: Hari Prasad (hari_prasad_k_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 02/03/04

Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 21:53:09 +0530

Hi,

Yes, But default the BUILDIN\Administrators will be having 'sysadmin' SQL
Serevr server role.
Obviously you can use this accout to access sql server.

Since this user is powerful it is not safe to provide this Login id to
Developers. So is always advisable to create a group specifically meant for
developers with less privileges.

Thanks
Hari
MCDBA

"JRD" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Quick question...
>
> Are members of the servers local admins group by default
> members of the sysadmins role??
>
> If so, does a login account still need to be made on the
> sql server in order for that user to function properly
> within sql?
>
> thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: I have now probably done a very silly thing
    ... I already knew what I was searching for which is 99% of the problem. ... the document that you passed in the mail and now I have granted the the relevant user back to the sysadmin server role. ... The 'best practice' is that SQL Server runs under domain account and not as Local Admin, but I am seeing lot of business that do the oppoiste:-) ...
  • Re: permissions required for executing CDOSys stored procedures
    ... he is by default member of the sysadmin server ... role on the SQL Server database unless steps are taken to prevent that. ... sysadmin and who has not been granted specific execute permissions on the ... it is possible to GRANT EXECUTE ON sp_OACreate TO ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Sharepoint index problems in SQL Server.
    ... The Administrator account is a sysadmin and have all the access to all the ... > database is master and language US_English? ... >> I've set back the account localsystem for both SQL Server and Microsoft ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.fulltext)
  • Re: Move or Setup of SQL Database toa Remote Server Fails
    ... as well as have SysAdmin privileges on the DB. ... Registered type 501ST MASTER for 501ST SCCM1DB\master ... Could not connect SQL Server 'master' db. ... The SCCM Primary Site Computer Account and the User account I am using ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.setup)
  • Re: cannot acees two databases as owner
    ... member of the built-in group Administrators, is not sysadmin. ... Administrator of SQL Server. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)