why can't I connect to server from a remote machie?

Date: 01/29/04

Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 13:39:35 -0800

I have SQL Server installed on a Win 2003 server machine
and I can do everything locally, but can not connect
to the server from another machine. I have enabled
the "allow remote connections from other servers ....."
checkbox in the properties for my server. Is this a
Win 2003 server security issue, or is there some other
configuration of SQL server that needs to happen to
make this work? I've searched through tons of help
and I just can't find out what I am missing.