why can't I connect to server from a remote machie?

anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com
Date: 01/29/04

Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 13:39:35 -0800

I have SQL Server installed on a Win 2003 server machine
and I can do everything locally, but can not connect
to the server from another machine. I have enabled
the "allow remote connections from other servers ....."
checkbox in the properties for my server. Is this a
Win 2003 server security issue, or is there some other
configuration of SQL server that needs to happen to
make this work? I've searched through tons of help
and I just can't find out what I am missing.

Thanks,
Mike

Relevant Pages

  • RE: SBS 2003 Unable to connect to database STS_Config
    ... Uninstall the SQL server from the SBS 2k3 server from add/remove programs ... Uninstall Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine (SHAREPOINT) ... If AV software install any extra IIS virtual directory, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Memory issues with 64-bit SQL Server 2005 on 64-bit Win 2003 C
    ... I also checked the individual patch levels for the .NET drivers, SQL Server ... The SQL Server is fully patched, however Windows Update reported that the OS ... Lock pages in memory -- I guess you might have taken care of it as well. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
  • RE: migrating from wmsde to sql server
    ... Click Start, point to All Programs\Microsoft SQL Server, and then click ... then click New SQL Server Registration. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: SBS 2003 Unable to connect to database STS_Config
    ... Uninstall the SQL server from the SBS 2k3 server from add/remove programs ... Uninstall Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine (SHAREPOINT) ... If AV software install any extra IIS virtual directory, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Best replication architecture?
    ... Looking for a SQL Server replication book? ... So if it is subscribing to Publisher 1, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.replication)