RE: Permission to start/stop logreader and distribution agent

From: Kevin McDonnell [MSFT] (kevmc_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 01/27/04

    Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 21:44:22 GMT

    >From BOL:

    users that are not members of the sysadmin fixed server role can monitor
    replication if they are defined with the replmonitor role in the
    distribution database. A system administrator can add any user to the
    replmonitor role, which allows that user to view replication activity with
    the Replication Monitor node in SQL Server Enterprise Manager; however, the
    user will not be able to administer replication.

    Thanks,

    Kevin McDonnell
    Microsoft Corporation