assigning DB-user to server role

From: M.Staiger (mstaiger_at_informatik.uni-siegen.de)
Date: 01/27/04

Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:32:43 +0100

Hello NG,

each time we assign users to roles, we have to additionally grant each
access right of each function of each table manually to this new user. Of
course we'd expect this to be done by the assignment itself.

Either we don't understand the servers's security philosophy correctly or
there should be another procedure to grant users access to the database via
the role, which has already defined access rights.

Thankful for any hint ...
Marc

Relevant Pages

  • RE: user permissions in a database as a whole or tables
    ... user permissions in a database as a whole or tables ... The way to give permissions to a user is a simple GRANT. ...
    (comp.databases.informix)
  • Re: user permissions in a database as a whole or tables
    ... like PDF better but that was not helping this time either. ... user permissions in a database as a whole or tables ... The way to give permissions to a user is a simple GRANT. ...
    (comp.databases.informix)
  • Re: No db access after publishing web site
    ... GRANT UPDATE TO ... If I detach and attach this database on a different PC (according that PC ... Cannot open database "pago" requested by the login. ... Are you detaching/attaching the SQL Server Express database correctly ...
  • Re: oracle XE impdp.exe problem
    ... I did my own - ora. ... I created new tablespace and user xxx as: ... GRANT UNLIMITED TABLESPACE TO xxx; ... when i create new database i have this strange error. ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • RE: all operation not work (insert delete update) / maybepermissionproblem
    ... The database server cannot find a table or view specified in the statement. ... trying to grant USAGE privileges on a user-defined type. ... Betreff: Re: all operation not work / maybe permissionproblem ... I called this command just you are told me: onstat -g sql and I got the following: ...
    (comp.databases.informix)